1. In order to be successful, people have two choices
a) To take risks
b) To keep cautious and careful
Which one do you think is the better way to succeed? Give reason to explain your choice.
2. People are busy in work or school. They want to spend time on learning new things. Which one will you choose to learn?
a) Learn a sport that you have never played before.
b) Lean to cook food that you haven' prepared before.
c) Learn to make something by hand, such as clothing or jewelry.
3. In order to get a higher promotion and salary, many people chose to improve their job performance in two ways. Which one do you prefer? Why?
a) To do additional work and assignments
b) To actively participate in the group work
4. When you decide to find a place to travel and want to compare two places, which way do you think help you make a better decision?
a) Read information online
b) Discuss with a friend who has been to those places
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rapid growth of a city has mainly impact on the society. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.
6. People in daily lives would frequently do the jobs that need creativity, such as the job you have never done before. Under this circumstance, do
you prefer to work alone or work with other?
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Physical exercise is important to older people than to younger people
8. Which of the following three affects productivity the most?
a) The working environment, like noises and distractions
c) Personal interest
9. If you have limited time to visit a city, which of the following is the most effective way to learn about the city?
a) Touring historic sites
b) Going shopping in shopping centers
c) Spending time in restaurants or cafes
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should stop reading and listening to the news for a period of days or weeks.
11. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
a) Find a roommate who can share the living expenses
b) Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently
c) Shop for less expensive food and cook at home (instead of eating in restaurant or buying expensive food)
12. A town is given an amount of money to build an outside place, which can be either a garden or a sports field for the nearby high school students since the high school doesn't have a sports field. Which do you think is better? Use examples and details to support your answer.
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should give primary children (aged 5-10) assignments less than 30 minutes, because they have enough instructions in regular school classes.
14. Some companies regulate that employees should not send or receive emails related to work on vacations or holidays. Some people believe that this policy would enhance employees' satisfaction. Do you think that it would be effective in enhancing employees’ satisfaction?
15. After your presentation, which way would you choose to identify your weakness and improve your presentation
a) Reviewing the recording on your own
b) Inviting your colleagues or classmates to make suggestions for improvement
16. A university recognized that first year students have poor study skills. It is believed that the best way to address this problem is to require all first-year students to take courses on study skills, while others don' t agree with this requirement. What is your opinion?
17. Your teacher assigns a project to you, and you can select the members to work with
a) Choose the members who think and work in similar ways
b) Choose the members who have totally different ideas
Which would you think is more effective to work with?
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past people ate food that was better for their health than they do today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
19. People are required to give feedback about classmates in school or colleagues at work. Someone would like to give positive feedback first and then give negative feedback, while others would like to give negative feedback and then give positive feedback. Which one would you prefer?
20. A government spends money on all adults after 25-year-old on a training course for the most up-to-date skills at workplace. Do you think it is effective?